Monday, April 9, 2012

This last week

Well I have posted pictures but not done much writing. I am mad at one point, and busy at another. Some people are not happy with what I am putting on facebook, so I am in hiding....and upset....but should move on....and I digress.


 This week has been a tremendously busy week for the Domestic Family. Monday we went out to eat with some really good friends of ours, had planned it for like 3 days or more. Then when it came time, the boys were taking us out to eat....and we pulled up in the drive, and I could tell there was already trouble. They were closed. Now this was a place that I knew to be open 7 days a week from 11-11. They closed early. We drove around for a while, and low and behold after driving for like an hour, we end up across the street from where we started. HA


 Tuesday I woke as most others....late....and knowing I had a job to do tonight where I keep kids during an Autism meeting for an hour and a half. Tonight is different though as my dh will be working with me....double your $$, double your pleasure....LOL Anyway, had not been awake long when I got a call, to go to lunch with a friend in FIVE MINUTES....yes you heard me right....no shower....barely brushed my teeth, and brushed my hair....and out the door with 3 young-uns in tow...LOL....get to Dairy Queen...ate with our friend, then back home and immediately started showers, and getting geared up for tonight and looking better than we did earlier at DQ. Got home, got a call from a friend who is having marital problems, talked to both of them, then prayed for both of them to make the right decision. Spoke with Mom, think our weekend plans for Easter are changing yet again....oh well, best thing is that we are with family whether that is all 11 of us or less. I had 5 places taken off my skin, one was like a skin tag, two were moles, and the other one was like a skin tag on my leg. 2 on my left arm, 2 on my neck and one on my leg. One is healing great, the others are not looking so good. NOt sure if placement has anything to do with it....time will tell.


 So we go to our meeting that evening and there was bad weather coming our way, and we were in for a night of storms, and possible tornadoes. Went to the meeting early to avoid the weather in our town, and to get to the next town....and at the last minute the meeting is cancelled, but was told we would still get paid as we were there and working....3 new kids showed up as I told my dh they would since he started working there....3 girls all about the ages of 3-6 years old. Other than that most of them are teens or pre-teens. We left the meeting at the church and went to Wal-Mart where we stuffed our faces with McD's and then me and boys went "shopping" while dh was in McD's listening to an MP3 getting his sermon notes together for the following night. We walked away from dh to get a few items we needed and looking at the toys, the lights go out in the middle of wal-mart. I was not scared like I normally would have been. It was ok. Then we went and found dh by that time he was packing up his toys to walk WM with us, we walked around a bit more, and bought silly stuff we probably could have lived without...but anyway...so once the rain/storm let up, we left.


 Tuesday night late around 2 a.m. Mr Domestic gets called out to a job as a tree had fallen and was laying across the road....well I woke at 7 and saw he never came back home, so I called him and asked if he was dead....he explained one job turned into 2 and then it was time to go to his regular "day" job. So he was real tired that day. Then by this time it was Wednesday, and I had to go pick him up as he had rode over with a friend to the workplace. Then we stopped at Herbets and got some meat, stopped at Brookshire's and got some veggies, and home, he showered and might have taken a quick nap, not sure. I went over early to church, laying out snack and drinks, greeting kids as they came to our children's programs, and then the unthinkable happens. He slipped in so I didn't notice him at first. One of my twins had fallen and almost passed out, when I looked at him his lips were white as a ghost....I asked him what was wrong, he said he fell UP the stairs, and had fallen on his arm and that it hurt real bad. Well One Emergency Room visit later and he has a "Buckle Fracture" similar to a "green stick" in the yard, and it doesn't break it just bends. So he was splinted. We came home after church....my mom and dad met us at the er.


 Thursday we were having our class and performance...so 12:30 to 2 was class/dress rehersal and at 5:30 we were on stage before family. Well Mom took us out to Cotton Patch for lunch after our class, and then we went to her house to practice and wait on 5:30, we got there by 5 as I had to dress Freckle and he couldn't do it alone with his splint. So we got there, and Heckle's counselor came along with Linda, Mom, and Mike and I. Earlier in the day Dad (Pepop) and Aunt Liz made an appearance. The boys were amazing....there was even talk afterwards of how well Heckle did, he was the main character similar to James Bond. His counselor said they did better than the adult shows she has Paid to watch...lol And several were talking to Heckle afterwards about how great he was.


 Friday I had an appt, with a dr for Freckle, and they had drawn blood and it showed that one chromosome had duplicated itself 3x and another chromosome had done about the same, I think they were 15q and 3q had both duplicated itself 3x. So they showed possible Autism for him....which I kinda sorta already knew,.....just didn't want to admit....and it helped me to understand a lot of what is going on with the boys. And we did go ahead and have the other two tested. Will get their results later. Left there, Nanny treated us to Grandy's and we enjoyed it so very much. They boys were asking what Grandy's was and I explained, think about an eating place where about everything you order you can top with gravy....LOL. They enjoyed it and can't wait to go back.


 Then we left there and I wanted to go ahead and get Freckle's arm casted, I had an appt Monday at 1 but thought I could save the gas if only they would take us. Well long story longer, the dr was out for Good Friday, so the referral letter from the Primary did not get sent over....so finally they decided to go ahead and cast the arm and get the referral next week. WHEW!


 We came home, I was exhausted. Mom also took us to Village Bakery before we returned her to her car. LOL Friday night some people came from the church to help set up for our Annual Easter Egg Hunt, we have on the Church Grounds, and we got lots of work done.


Saturday the Hunt. We had games on paper, some little plants with Veggie Tales on the side of the cups, and face painting, and a bunny walked around handing out toys and candy. Then we had lunch,....so much food. Then the Easter Egg Hunt....well my son get stung on his index finger of the casted hand....he has had SOME week....LOL....but all others in attendance did have fun, and the Hunt was a huge successs. Twin brother to the rescue as he brought the broken arm/bumble bee toting brother some of his eggs from the hunt and shared his candy.


 That afternoon Melanie and I went to WM and went shopping and bought out the store in the name of Domestic as I was shopping for us and my MIL Mel was a great help for sure. We went to MIL and dropped off the goods, and came back home. well by night fall one of the twins was hurling his twinkies, and he threw up like 3 times before bed. Oh and did I yet mention when we got home from cast and such on Friday that our dog had pups, started out with 2, 3, 5, 9 and then finally 11. Well Saturday afternoon he had to bury one, and Sunday afternoon he buried another. Hoping they will start surviving.


 Sunday, I forced the throwing up twin to go to church, he said he felt perfect, and wanted to go to Nanny's so I told him we needed to at least go to church, maybe not SS but at least ONE time. So we went, he ended up wanting to take his pillow pal, then backed out of the idea, then I told him I would carry it over there. Explained there were no other children other than his brothers and the older adults did not care that he was sick and toting a pillow pal....but he was unchanged....I carried it, and I think he was glad I did as the last 30 minutes or so he went pale, and I told him to lay down and he did and he went to sleep. He is 10 so this is highly uncharacteristic of him. we came home, he threw up again, my mom and aunt called and said Bring him anyway....so we load up the car and drive to my mom's and enjoy a great afternoon with 11 of our wonderful family members. O played the piano for us, and B did his monologue that RJ had written and he did in church and there was not a dry eye in church about the crucifixion of Jesus Christ....he did an amazing job on that. Also in the morning service Mr Domestic and Freckle sang Arise My Love together. It was truly amazing service. Then I got all 3 boys to sing one chorus of a song they did in church a month of so ago....then Jeckle felt up to doing a line or two from the play with B, and then I got Freckle to do several of his lines, so I joked that it was Talent Show at the Overall house. Everyone left mom 's house and we stayed and helped clean up a bit, and talked till late afternoon, we had no church service that night, so we just enjoyed the visit. She sent home lasagna for us, that didn't get used at the house.


 Today, Monday, Heckle and Jeckle really took off on their bikes, and I was shocked. Freckle can't get on till he gets released from the Orthopedic Dr to do any Physical Activities. I think that is it in a nutshell.....may have left out a thing or two...who knows....that is alot....WHEW!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment