Wednesday, July 13, 2022

June and Summer Reading Program

 Dear Blogger:

We are about halfway done with our Summer Reading Program.

Even at work having friends to help pull you thru a hard day/week/month, makes the tough times possible.  This is from 2 friends.  I think they know me.  Lol  Only Borden chocolate milk and only chocolate iced donuts.

On Tuesday’s I have a Summer School Program at 10 during the month of June, and on each Wednesday for June and July we have programs at our local Expo Center as we don’t have the capacity in the building nor the parking area outside to house many people, so I went ahead and confirmed we could use the local Expo building.

The first week I had a school class come over and they made “cards” out of Cardstock and several of the stamps of Kim H and mine.  The teacher is a friend of mine.  She brought 40 kids. 5/31

We went to the Expo Center and had a Sewing Project and it was a Jellyfish.  Some parents/grandparents finished them, helped them, or just watched their kids work it out on their own,  We had 93 in attendance. 6/1

We had the class back on Tuesday 6/7 We did Rock Painting and told them they needed to keep with our Summer Reading theme of Oceans of Possibilities and do something beachy, fish, or something,  We had 42 in attendance 


The next day we had Making Ice Cream at the Expo and had sprinkles and chocolate syrup to add to it, and we had 211 in attendance. 6/8

The class came again on Tuesday and they got their chance at sewing Jellyfish.  6/14

The library kids met and we sewed once again and we made Earbuds 52 in attendance.  6/15

We had a Movie at the Library and showed Shark Tales, and had 30 in attendance. 6/16

Creature Teacher came out and visited us at the Expo Center and we had 290 attend, 6/22  see the snake on top of her head?

The last Tuesday the class came to the library and we had 48 in attendance and we made Slime,  I think they all had a great time. 6/28  I also had a Day Care stop by, one was at 9 the other class was at 10.  The first class wanted a tour of the library and had walked over from their Day Care, (19)

Our last sewing of the season, and we made bookmarks this week at the Expo center.  48 in attendance 6/29

We had Board Games at the library and had 28 in attendance,  We closed out June with a bang. 6/30

Then after the 4th of July we hit it hard again, and I had a Stuffed Animal Sleepover on Tuesday at 5:30 and had 17 in attendance.   We had 8 total stuffed Animals spend the night.  7/5

Then on Wednesday we met at the theatre, and got to meet the cast of Matilda and had 140 in attendance, and the cast did several songs, and we had an advertisement for Limelight and the kids got to ask questions.  7/6

Today 7/11 I had an Impromptu Day Care class stop by,  I was expecting 14 kids, we did Christmas in July and did wreaths.  I only had 5 kids and 3 adults, but we had fun.  3 Christmas trees decorated Christmas music.  Jingle stopped by, she is a Scout Elf and Santa sent her down,  She had several messages for us and some treats as well,

        




Wednesday again we met at the Expo and had a singer, song writer and puppeteer and we had 59 in attendance.  I didn’t get to be there. 7/13

Craft day at the library.  We had several craft stations with left over crafts from June.  Sewing, crafts, rock painting, etc.  We had __ in attendance. 7/14

Last one for this week 7/15. We are doing Donuts and Slideshow for the Sleepover.  We showed slides of the sleepover activities and got to send home sheets for each child of their stuffee interacting thru the night.  We had __ in attendance.

I have 2 more programs.  I am having so much fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment