Saturday, July 11, 2020

July 11 more clutter removal

Had the boys move my table from in front of my 4drawer file cabinet so I could put 3 years of Income Tax paperwork in the drawers and discard anything prior to 7 years.  Are we still really keeping 7 years worth of Income Tax stuff?

Then back to declutter fest and getting more stuff off of my work table.

Mike thoroughly cleaned kitchen last weekend but not inside the cabinets.

Also I usually buy new tennis shoes and keep the latest shoes for just yard work....and I don’t really like the outdoors at all. Too old.  Too hot.  So today I flung 2 pair of tennis shoes to the curb.  Filling up a 2nd large trash bag.  

12:00
Mike is rearranging furniture in our desk area and cleaning mopping.  And cleared my desk off!  He is amazing! (I just need to declutter drawers later.


To some of you you may see clutter...but if you had only seen it before you would totally think he rocks!  It was very very very bad before.

I didn’t really intend on cleaning “some” of the file cabinet our but when you give a pig a pancake book comes to mind.  Lol. I wanted to get IRS forms in the file cabinet which meant clearing out to only 2013-2019 in the file.  Needed to get 2009-2012 out of the file and then realized I couldn’t find 15-16.   Not a problem really but figured they were in hubby’s desk drawer so his drawers got purged real quick.  Then back to these drawers and although I didn’t spend a great deal of time in my file cabinet....I did a quick we don’t  own this and tossed out a few more papers while I was in there.

So hopefully back to my table.  But with every step we are stepping in the right direction.  May be out of order or take me longer than a normal human being, but I am doing something.  (I have been ousted in the past on Facebook for how quickly one could clean her house compared to the time I was spending in one room....and I get she wasn’t decluttering OR deep cleaning.)(Her loss). And we all work at our own pace, and do our own thing, and have different challenges with health, number of people in house, number of people helping...etc.  

1:00
Now got my bills sorted and in an older notebook that had 2017 stuff in it.  But I reused the folders for my current bills.  So that is done and organized.

Trip to the store and to get gas.  Now it is close to 6:15 TX time.  I purged some glass and mats for like 8 cross-stitch pieces that have been sitting on my side table for years.  It is gone.  I took the cross-stitch pieces and put them in a memory box.


Now going thru some “planners” info stuff and going to trash them or tear out important info and shred the pages.


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1pPDXADJMp8ivz7urTAViX-ACXgYqzKaE

Twins outside burning paperwork and books now.  It’s all gone.

Just need to focus on few remaining things on table. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1whfgJ6oX_Vt_HNjXKb3IYO1f2PVYWDUx


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1c0sdhyrkvc5JklsDWYKrLsvZGqAPQFgLhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1aSAUuN9mocHckLs_77v-GmHZqUTSmNUh

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1PDvj9KGGU6j1fAk3PFHEKjV2aJC4EAAz


It is not ideal...the papers next to my lamp, but I need those folders for Sunday School.  It’s still better than before.  And I have an idea for later on my Sunday School stuff.  Right now just trying to get this table cleared!  And some of those shorter sheets on top are handwritten sermons from my grandfather.



https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1TFnl3UJ4Qs7NPGI-eI-2u0-n52ednCZG


The top needs to be gone through.  The bottom is momentos that will eventually go in the top of my closet.  Side thing is my sewing/cross-stitch box.  We put the table back where it belongs.  No more in my room.  Now just to declutter that small brown box and move on to the rest of the house.


More updates to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment